Sunday, March 28, 2010

A trend that I wouldn't miss if it fell off the face of the earth tomorrow...

As an alumnae of the University of Delaware, I am very familiar with a fashion trend that one would say looks "comfortable". For college gals, it says, "I partied hard last night" or "I pulled an all-nighter studying and don't care what I look like right now". It is the ultimate messy outfit in my opinion and is not flattering at all. This fashion trend I speak of consists of: UGG Boots, a North Face fleece, and black tights/ leggings.


Along with these three articles usually comes a messy ponytail. I am not saying there is anything wrong with a pair of UGGs, North Face, or black leggings. I am saying there is something wrong with combining all three into one outfit. If in a rush, why not throw on skinny jeans, your UGGs, a sexy white v neck tee, and a cardigan?? It is more flattering than that frumpy North Face. 

I am not too sure why wearing a North Face fleece is such a popular thing, especially among college campuses along the east coast. We are not skiing. If you're cold, pop on a pea coat over top of a cute outfit. What I am trying to say, is I just wish the North Face trend would DIE already. Leave. Be gone. Wearing leggings with a North Face makes you look naked and it is so unflattering, whether you are fit or not. I have known many a dude to make fun of girls that rock this look. Guys have caught on that it is your "messy, I don't care" look. Not hot. 

I just ask that women become more creative and mix things up. You can be comfortable and fashion forward at the same time. So please ladies, keep the North Face fleece in the closet until the next time you go skiing. Buy some cute sweaters/ cardigans long enough to cover your booty in those leggings and maybe mix it up with a different brand of boots. Have fun, and MOST importantly, be creative, unique, and different. Express yourself with your clothes and wear your creations proudly. :)


1 comment: